Make-believe is more than a child's game!

Friday, April 2, 2010

New Review for Altered Beginnings. 4 out of 5 Heartbeats!

Altered Beginnings by Destiny Booze
Review by Book Reader Fairy
4/5 Heartbeats

A haunted past that comes back, a sex club, dirty cops, a hitman, drugs, the FBI, an old boyfriend, reporters, romance and sandy beaches. Altered Beginnings grabs you right from the start and keeps you reading.

Leigh is a girl that had a long hard difficult life growing up, one that sends her running away from Nags Head and has her believing that she is unlovable. Jason is the all around Mr. Perfect, the kind every girl wants and every guy wants to be. The chemistry between the two builds from the beginning and you sense right away that there is something there before you even find out the reason behind it. Leigh returns to Nags Head to find herself right back in the situation that caused her to leave 4 years ago but Jason is now there to help her through it. The problem is that Leigh cant trust anyone but herself and that causes tension between the two. Jason forces Leigh to except his help anyway when they come up against some extremely dangerous people.

I loved Slick who is not your typical cold-hearted hitman. He is the kind of guy who makes your skin crawl but you cant help but be drawn to him anyway. Then there was Emma who is supposed to be Leigh's friend, I was unsure if I liked her or if I wanted to smack her. Then comes the foster brother Shawn I have mixed feelings about him too. I felt deep down he was a good guy stuck between a rock and a hard place but I also thought he needed to grow more back bone. One of my favorite characters by far was Nate, Jason's brother. He was hot, funny and protective just what a girl needs. I hope the Author considers giving Nate his own book.

The romance was there but the love scenes were a little short, I like a little more intensity and detail but over all I thought Altered Beginnings was a fast paced suspense filled read and I am looking forward to reading the next one in the series.

No comments: